Asking me every week if my package has got her A) does not make it come faster and B) I don't have any idea because I haven't been to Praia yet. And no we don't round up members for church. And I don't know who's members and who's investigators because nobody follows church standards in dress. Not as in there dressing immodestly (although some still do) but that everyone just wears normal street clothes except like 5, 6 people that actually decided to wear a white shirt. And the islands don't have different food. It's all the same crappy cheap brand imitation food. Just here in fogo it is the island of American deports and as such they have people from America send them some stuff to sell in there stores. Like the store we went to today had Gatorade capri sun, ranch dressing, ect ect. And there is no picture of me holding a giant mango.... I don't know who your confusing me with but I've never taking a picture of me w/ a mango. But yes I have had mango's before, just not since I got to fogo because all fruit and everything is ridiculously more expensive here. And President Oliveira arrives tomorrow. That would be why we're going to Praia tomorrow because all the Zone leaders have a meeting w/ him on weds. So I'll know if my package is here or not. We already had a farewell for The Neves' Family and Sister Neves Baby was due a few months ago. And if you want to hear inspiring missionary stories the best place to check is the Ensign. And yes I have a journal but I'm not very diligent with it. Especially because I live in a 4 Elder house so were always doing something. And maybe you could send some mnt dew or DP or root beer since my Portuguese companion has never tried any of them and he would like to. But that is up to you. I can't think of anything else I'm missing from America. UMMMMMM Not too much else that I can think of. OH Toni and Tina got baptized on Saturday so that was cool and we'll be having a baptism or 3 in a few weeks. So that's always fun. One is a kid that I've only taught like once because he lives out of our area but he comes here every Saturday and Sunday and we have a 9 yr/ old girl who's the same and then we have a 17 yr/ old girl who's pretty cool and she's already doing more than most members like going to seminary and activities and actually participating in church and reading the BoM and stuff like that. So go team on that one. Well you all have a good week and I'll let you know next week if I got my package or not. Luv yall!
e.weiss
No comments:
Post a Comment